Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Meet the Staff: Intern Vlad Frederick.

Hello! My name is Vlad, and I'm one of YAPRS three college student interns! I am currently a senior at Drake University, majoring in both Biology and English.  I am still conflicted on my future plans, but have narrowed my future plans down to either an MFA program in creative writing, or PT/Med school.  I enjoy both reading and writing fiction and poetry. I've been working with the Series as an intern since this Spring; I was connected to the Series by Drake University's Writing Internship program, but after completing just the Spring Season with YAPRS, I knew that I had found a program that I would be sticking with  for as long as I remain in the Des Moines Area. The chance to chat with and hear the poetry of numerous modern day poets has been an amazing experience for me, one that I feel privileged to have received! Some of my favorite poets, both old and new, include Mary Oliver, Robert Frost, John Donne, Walt Whitman, Joe Hall, Wendy Xu, Kyle McCord, Joe Wilkins, Sean Bishop, and Matt Guinette.

No comments:

Post a Comment