Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Meet the Staff: Intern Mariah Marconi


Hello. I am a junior at Drake University where I am working on my BA in Writing and Mathematics.  Along with poetry and number theory, I am also interested in Russian literature and have recently returned from studying Russian language in Moscow.  After attending many of last year’s readings, I was interested in becoming more involved with the series and am now working as an intern through Drake University's Writing Internship program.  I am looking forward to the opportunity to work with a lineup of amazing poets this year as well as Jennifer Perrine and fellow interns, Kelsey and Vlad!  Some of my favorite poets include T.S. Eliot, Anna Akhmatova, Yevgeny Yevtushenko, John Rives, Pablo Neruda, and, most recently, Robert Bly.    

No comments:

Post a Comment